Monday, April 18, 2011

The Best Day of My Life.

So here I am sitting in my kitchen chair that we just purchased today looking across the living room (which isn't very far at all, like 3 feet actually) at my lovely wife as she is writing thank you cards for our wedding presents. Yes I said wife and wedding presents. Let me tell you guys how this has gone down. 


You heard the engagement story and you have heard some countdowns and now I want to talk about the best day of my life. The day I married Melissa. 


So it was exam week of winter semester and I was stressing with taking all my exams during which was by far the most challenging semester of my life. I was able to make it through because I had the biggest light at the end of the tunnel. My wedding. I finished all my exams by Friday morning and I rushed immediately to Idaho Falls to meet up with my mom. I picked her up and we went to run some errands such as getting the tux and picking up the awesome 32 inch high definition TV she bought us. (I love her) We then went to Melissa's house for a little lunch and my mother was able to meet her parents which was super nice! I loved seeing it. I also got to see Melissa's sisters and their families whom I love and her aunt, uncle and Grandparents who I love as well. Melissa's grandma Joyce almost didn't get to come for health reasons but we are SO happy and blessed she made it and was ok during the important things. After lunch that Friday Melissa and I went to go get dinner with my dad who had just arrived from Ecuador via Texas with his sister and mother. It was awesome. The first time my dad and Melissa met and I could tell he already loved her as if she were his own. Im glad we got that alone time before the crazy weekend started. That night I dropped Melissa off and ended our last night as single people. 


Saturday morning. I woke up with the biggest smile on my face. Threw my suit on and went to go pick up Joseph Kennedy. One of our best friends and quite the stud who was one of our witnesses. We drove together to the temple and I went in and got ready for the big day. I pulled up the same time as Melissa and was super happy to see her. This was the day I was preparing for my entire life and it had finally come. We were told to come a little earlier than we needed to which was no problem. Melissa and I got to spend 30 minutes in the celestial room waiting for the sealing to be ready. Those were some sweet and amazing moments we shared. I remember taking her hand, smiling and heading to the sealing room feeling happier than ever. As we walked in the room and saw all our families and friends and loved ones, the feeling was electrifying. There was not a person in the room that Melissa and I didn't absolutely love. I loved the words shared by the sealer and the ordinance performed. I loved being able to hug everyone on their way out. The room was filled with so much love. It was amazing. We left and got changed and I FINALLY saw her in her wedding dress. It was well worth the wait. She looked gorgeous. We walked out the temple and saw everyone! It was super sweet. We took a bunch of pictures and went to enjoy a quiet luncheon with the families. We then left for pictures and came back to the reception. The reception was great. The fanciest Mormon reception  I have ever been to. My mother in law is legit. The cake was superb and we danced to "inside your heaven" by none other than Carrie Underwood of course. It was great and then it was all a blur and next thing I know I am running out of the place with Melissa and we head to the New York room at the destinations inn and that is where my married life began....


To be continued...


Thanks EVERYONE who came. It was an amazing wedding and you all made it great. 

1 comment:

  1. Love it so much. You guys are the most amazing couple I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete