Thursday, March 24, 2011

As of late

So I just realized that all my blog postings are about things that have happened around 5-6 months ago. So I thought you all would like to read something rather current. 


I am very much aware of the fact that the font and the background of this blog defy all the rules of visual media but I don't really care. Yet. I probably will soon and will make some changeroos. 


So like I was saying or typing. As of late. Well the best news that I have heard in a long time is the fact that WEDDING PLANS   are officially done. Generally and overall I love weddings. I love seeing 2 people make covenants to be with each other their entire lives (all eternity is preferable). So yea David loving weddings has been established. I am so excited to marry Melissa. I can't wait for my wedding day because even if everything goes wrong (weird combo of torrential rainstorm, blizzard, cake falling over, flowers wilting and the reception venue catching on fire), it will be the best day of my life. 


That being said PLANNING a wedding is not as much fun as going to one. There are a lot of things that go into it and there are definitely highs and lows. These scarce "highs" are ring shopping, CAKE SHOPPING!! and I can't think of anything else. The Lows would be the rest. Oh and this is from a guy's perspective, I am sure that Melissa loves the planning to a further point than I do but I also know that she is happy it is over. 


Well I can't mention cake shopping without telling this funny story. The first place we went to try cakes it was in a barn. Yea. We should have walked away when we saw the place. We opened the door and it seemed that a clowder of cats with their litters ran out and the place was just disgusting when we walked inside. Dirty and she clumped cake crumbs together and gave them to us as an indicator as to how her cake would taste and be like. Uh ok. We left with laughs and it was great. Well great knowing that we wouldn't have to use her. 


Well I am so excited for the wedding day. Not all our family will be able to come because it is a bad weekend for my family in Spain to travel just to go to a reception. On the other hand Melissa's grandparents are going to be able to come all the way from Virginia and we are SOOOO excited to see them. I met them once in September I think and love them already. 


Well I have so much to say and I will write again very soon. I wrote today about our present but next time...I will write about the future...which is going to be AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment