Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The start of the beginning....

Got some good feedback on my last blog so I wanted to write something again...


So yea I guess I should give all you people out there surfing the web some nice and uplifting literature to read. I guess the best thing that I can think of to share for you all to read is to tell you all the story of Melissa and I's engagement.


So as you read down below...you know that Melissa and I started dating last May/Junish and has a heck of a time together that spring semester. The semester came to an end and Melissa and I stayed for the 7 week break and what a blessing that was. She had 4 awesome roommates and Melissa and I were able to spend a lot more time together and we grew really close. I loved those nice summer weeks. The fall came and all the nasty people started flowing back into town and we got our schedules booked and we would just sit and complain about how awful the fall is compared to the summer. Those were good times as well. 


While the semester progressed I had obviously known that I was to marry Melissa and I was working with her dear friend Karlie to coordinate this while discussing it with my mom. It was super exciting to plan this. I remember thinking that we would get engaged in the spring and get married in the fall. Yea. I don't even need to tell you that plan went to crap a long time ago. I was thinking about maybe proposing to her Christmas break in North Carolina when she came to visit just because it is a much more metropolitan area which is definitely implying that there are a lot more romantic spots for the proposal. That seemed good ans was the plan for a while but then I was thinking and I kinda wanted Melissa to have a ring at the end of the semester that she could show off to her classmates that she knew the whole semester because I guess girls like to do that sort of thing. It would be better than starting a new semester engaged when the jealous and bitter girls would not even care and kinda would deflate the moment. Thats just how some girls are here at BYUI unfortunately. 


Well during the time of this contemplating the where and when and how of the proposal I was ring shopping and I found this ring I thought Melissa would LOVE and kinda made my mind that I was going to buy it. I  of course waited because I still didn't know when I was going to propose and I didn't want to get a ring toooo far in advance. 


WELL during this time Melissa brought up the topic of marriage one night after we watched a movie and where cuddling and talking. The cat was out of the bag and she knew I wanted to marry her. I tried to get the topic other places because I hate when people already have wedding plans made before the actual proposal...just seems so weird and definitely takes the magic out of the moment don't you think? So I told her that we shouldn't talk about it much and she very subtly implied that she wanted to go ring shopping. I could see the logic behind that. I mean she would be the one wearing the ring her whole life so it might as well be one that she likes right? So that monday I took her to the store (having in mind that I would let her pick and not suggest the ring I had picked out) and she was all over the place. The poor thing did not have a clue what she wanted and she kept having to tell the poor jeweler man that she didn't like what he was picking out for her....which is something Melissa does not like to do. So I decided to recommend the ring I had picked out earlier. I did and she loved it and it was awesome. As we left the store I looked into those pretty eyes and said "it is safe to assume that one day we will be married, but until then the proposal and marriage talk is off limits" To her this was the absolute torture....


Mean while.... I was making a plan on how to propose...............


To be continued.......

No comments:

Post a Comment