Monday, March 21, 2011

We have a blog now!

So this is David Berg here. I have been unsuccessfully bugging Melissa to get one of these for quite some time so I just decided to start one up. Well I guess Ill start by giving some background information. Im David Nelson Berg Martinez. Yes that is a swedish-spanish surname combo of which I am very proud. My dad's family is of Swedish heritage and my mom's is from Spain. They are all there now actually and I love going there. Well that is all you guys are going to get from me because I don't want some psycho stalker to know EVERYTHING about me... 



Well now for the good stuff. If anyone out there in internetland knows me at all they would definitely know that I am engaged to the most beautiful and amazing person in the entire world. Melissa Irene Joy Baxter...soon to be Melissa ? Berg --> she still has to decide what her name is going to be. She is of some mut heritage I think (misc white european heritage) BUT she definitely has some sexy mediterranean in here because of her amazing hair and skin tone. Why do I feel the need to blog about our heritage? No idea... 


Well now for the REALLY good stuff!


Melissa and I met kinda last April but first hung out in May. Good story. Lots of hot springs, food, movies, talking, and fun. Not going to tell the entire story here in this blog because Im not all about casting pearls before swine. (jk but it is personal and if you are a good friend you probably already know) But ANYWAYS I really knew right away that she was someone really special and I knew I was in love when a couple months later we survived an amazing road trip to Utah to go to a Carrie Underwood concert. I remember looking at her during the fireworks and knowing "it's only a matter of time" and BOOM! A couple months later we were engaged and 120ish days later here we are today. I got this nifty app on my Iphone that is called "wedding countdown" and according to it we are getting married in 18 days 20 hours 26 minutes and 35 seconds. That is the countdown till when our sealing starts. I am SOOOOOO excited to start my life with this phenomenal girl. 


I am a business finance major with an emphasis in pre-law and spanish. I will go on to law school upon finishing and will go out with my dual-citizenship and rule the world. My wife-to-be is an English education major with a minor in journalism education. She will I guess be the hot english teacher to a bunch of hormonal high school and/or middle school kids. yipee. 


Well I am excited for life. We get married in a few weekends afterwhich we are heading out to a surprise top secret honeymoon that will rock our worlds I'm sure. I am also pleased to inform you all that we are moving into our apparment when we return which will be nice to have a place to call our own. 


Well I will get back to you all really soon.


1 comment: